The predefined Visit Record Set configuration is essential in ensuring that a feasible amount of records are synced to the Axsy Retail Execution Mobile App for a reduced syncing time and syncing efficiency.
Query Parameters provide a template to refine and limit Visits synced to the app.
The parameters set here are intended to be used as variables in the Query Details tab of the Visit Record Set and do not affect the amount of records synced to the app unless referenced in the Query Details.
1. Set the limits for the amount of Visit records to be synced to the app.
2. These values are referenced in the Query Details tab for a Record Set. The variables are referenced as follows:
|Query Parameter||Variable Name|
|Recent Visits Limit||numVisitLimit|
It is best practice to review all of the existing query conditions for the Visit Record Set before logging into the app, to ensure only records required will be synced to the app.
The following queries (and their conditions) are predefined for the Visit Record Set:
- Query Chain: Previous Visits
- Query: Retail stores for scheduled visits
- Query: Limited set of recent visits for stores
- Query Chain: Scheduled visits
- Query: Scheduled Visits
1. Navigate to the Query Details tab of the Visit Record Set. A predefined set of query conditions will be set for the predefined queries.
Example query conditions for Previous Visits
Conditions 3, 4 and 5 reference the numLastDays and numNextDays Query Parameter variables.
2. If you decide to change the conditions and remove the Query Parameter variables, the app will not implement the limits set for the Query Parameters. To avoid this, ensure you retain the Query Parameter variables in the conditions, or, manually define a suitable value.
An alternative to condition 5 could be PlannedVisitStartTime <= NEXT_N_DAYS:4
Set Limits for the Queries
Where a Limit field is available for a query, set a number or use a Query Parameter variable.
The following example scenario demonstrates how many records can end up being synced to the app and how to avoid extra syncing time.
- There are 2000 Related records synced for a single Visit via the Related Object Tree .
- A field rep conducts 7 Visits a day.
- The Next Days variable is set to 7.
- The Past Days variable is set to 10.
Altogether, (2000 x 7 x 7) + (2000 x 10 x 7) = around 238000 records synced.
Large volumes of records can cause delays during the initial sync of the Axsy Retail Execution Mobile App.
To reduce the large volume of records , the following steps can be made:
- Reduce amount of Related records included in the Visit's Related Object Tree (e.g., KPI records associated with Tasks).
- Reduce the value of Past Days to 0.